Tenderfoot is a safe, gentle, and effective heel incision device that is less painful and traumatic to the newborn. Lancets are damaging, and bruise a baby’s sensitive skin by producing a deep, painful puncture. Other heel stick devices work by first piercing the skin in a downward action and then, because of excessive blade vibration, produce a jagged incision across the skin. Only Tenderfoot’s surgical blade produces a steady consistent arc motion. The result is a gentle skin incision that is controlled to a depth just above most nerve fibers, but across the capillary bed. Tenderfoot is extremely effective for obtaining moderate blood sample volumes for metabolic screening tests and other tests such as glucose, CBC, and hematocrit.
Unlike other lancets, the problem of an accidental stick is eliminated because each Tenderfoot device features a permanently retracting blade that protects the operator and the patient from an exposed blade contaminated with blood.
- Comes in four (4) convenient sizes to suit any baby’s heel
- Consistent depth and length for a high quality blood sample
- Enhanced user comfort with an ergonomic design for a comfortable grip
- Incision depth controlled above the nerve fibers making it less painful
- Permanently retractable blade for user safety
- Sweeping Arc Technology performs an incision instead of a puncture